Tuesday, August 2, 2011

5 Mantras of the Pain-Free Back

I have the worst back pain at times. I swear it comes out of nowhere. I used to have such an athletic body & build until I got pregnant with my son. Even now, 3 years later, my body is still trying to fight back. My husband, thanks to the military, has excrutiating back pain. Unfortunately for him, nothing we've tried brings him relief. My pain is a bit more mild however, so if you're anything like me, here are some easy ways to help kick the back pain.
  1. Exercise! The cure for everything.
  2. Quit smoking! Smoking can affect the blood flow to your spine or change bone mineral density.
  3. Make sure you're getting your Vitamin D. Things like tuna or fortified dairy, OJ, or cereal can help you with this. Even sitting out in the sun will bring in your vitamin D for the day (wearing sunscreen of course).
  4. Watch your weight.
  5. Be as active as you can! Resting for long periods of time will usually make pain flare up.

1 comment: