Sunday, July 31, 2011

T-shirt Pillowcase

One of my biggest problems after my husband leaves is having trouble falling asleep! I am sooo used to having to share a tiny little bed with him, so used to his scent, the feeling of having him next to me, that when he's gone, it takes me literally hours to finally trick my mind into falling asleep. Bedtime is the moment I feel most lonely & him being gone really hits me. Even if you make it through the day with a gold star, bedtime still kicks your ass...
I've recently come up with a solution. One of my husband's t-shirts that he insists on wearing, though it's completely falling apart, I have since turned into a pillowcase. I know this may sound a little weird to some, but I swear it totally helps! I cut his t-shirt & sewed it onto a pillowcase & then sprayed it with axe (his artificial sent) & I make sure it's next to me every night. I'm sure you can do something like multiple parts to a t-shirt & make it look "quilted", but just make sure you don't go crazy & your man still has some shirts to come home to. ;)
It's just something comforting that I have found that works for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment